HGE is equipped to conduct subsurface investigations using a variety of methods. Borings are advanced using auger or rotary methods, and soil samples obtained are returned to our laboratory for evaluation and testing. Strength evaluations are made in-situ or in the laboratory and classifications are according to the Unified Soil Classification System (USCS), AASHTO, or Oklahoma Subgrade Index (OSI).
Construction Materials Engineering and Testing (CoMET)
In addition to subsurface investigations, we offer construction materials engineering and testing services. We monitor the excavation and placement of shallow and deep foundations, placement and compaction of fill, as well as other inspection services as required by the International Building Code (IBC) or Departments of Transportation (DOT's).
- Dynamic Compaction Operation Evaluation
- Soil Stabilization or Modification Mix Designs
- Forensic Inspection
- Resilient Modulus—Operation & Data Evaluation
- Menard Pressure Meter—Operation & Data Evaluation
- Slope Inclinometer Installation, Data Collection & Evaluation
- Wick Drain Installation Monitoring & Settlement Evaluation
- Pavement Evaluation & Thickness Design Using Traffic and Soil Parameters
- Geotechnical Data Evaluation using AASHTO, USCOE, ODOT, & TxDOT Methods
Market Sectors Served
- State, County, & Tribal Transportation
- Water & Wastewater Plants
- Commercial & Community Buildings
- Electrical Substations & Infrastructure
- Underground Utilities
Email us or call us at (888) 800-9739 for comprehensive geotechnical engineering services.